A city-bound Spitfire which is currently suspended on public display has been subject to its annual inspection.
The aircraft has hung from the ceiling of the west court in Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Glasgow since 2006.
While the Mark 21 Spitfire, which was built in 1944 and flew during the Second World War, no longer requires the attention of a mechanic it does need to have its cables checked once a year by maintenance staff.
The Spitfire LA198 model was built with a Rolls Royce Griffon 61 engine and a five-bladed propeller. It flew with the 602 (City of Glasgow) Squadron between 1947 and 1949.
In 1996 it was presented to the City of Glasgow as a memorial to the men of 602 Squadron after a spell as a "gate guardian" at RAF Leuchars in Fife.
Glasgow Museums and the National Museums of Scotland worked in partnership to restore the aircraft, which required the work of five full-time teams.
It was first put on public display in the Museum of Transport before being transferred to Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum.