Three members of a family have been taken to hospital after a blaze broke out in their home.
The fire started in the ground-floor kitchen of the house in Wilson Wynd, Dalry, North Ayrshire, at about 1.20am on Tuesday.
A woman, man and teenage boy were taken to Crosshouse hospital in Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire, as a precaution for smoke inhalation.
The woman was given oxygen therapy at the scene.
Two fire service crews from Kilwinning and Dalry took less than five minutes to extinguish the fire.
A spokesperson for Strathclyde Fire & Rescue said: "This incident is a stark reminder of fire being a threat to every community in the west of Scotland.
"Thankfully we are not talking about a tragedy. It is absolutely vital that every home has a working smoke alarm on each level of the property, which will allow residents time to escape if a fire does break out."
Fire service officials urged residents to look out for neighbours who may be at risk of a fire in the home.
The spokesperson added: "We know most people look out for someone in their community, whether it's an elderly neighbour or relative, but many have never thought about contacting the fire service.
"Firefighters are not interested in looking through cupboards; we just want to make sure people are living in a fire-safe home."